June 14, 2012

Crazy About Succulents

Well, I have a new favorite plant this year. Suddenly I have gone succulent crazy! Before this spring I don't think I have ever planted or owned a succulent. Now I have a couple pots outside and a cute little plant by the kitchen sink. Mixing and matching succulents is a lot fun since there are so many variations of the plant.
  
Here's my first succulent garden I planted a several weeks ago:



Yesterday I was running errands and noticed the local nursery had all plants half price. I had to use some major self control to keep from buying one of everything! They had beautiful succulents that were quite large for only $2. What a deal! Later in the day I went to Target and discovered several pots on clearance. So I got the plants and the pot for half price!



And here's my cute little plant that sits by the kitchen window.


Linked to: Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home, Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring,
Strut Your Stuff @ Six Sisters' Stuff, Bloomin' Tuesday, Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh I love them! I am obsessed with succulents and those little terrariums! I guess I need to make a few myself, yours are beautiful! :)

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Beautiful pots Emily! Martha turned me on to succulents a long time ago - I love them! So pretty and extra easy to grow.

Andrea said...

So cute! I love succulents too. Such hardy and pretty little plants!

Babs said...

Your succulent garden looks really good. I love your combination of shapes...spikey, rosette and the little chartreusey one. I have several, but yours look so great, I'm wanting to go to the garden center for more. :)
Happy Sunday,
Babs

Bonnie said...

I just love your succulents and there pots are perfect!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I love your new plants! I've been wanting to get some for myself. I think you've inspired me to finally buy some. I'm new to your blog via Jean's and I look forward to checking out more of your posts. Great photography too!

Thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

Visiting from Bloomin' Tuesday. Very nice...don't think I've planted any of these type plants.

Six Sisters said...

These are so cute, we love succulents!! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

Val said...

Such a great post. I need to buy some.